Wednesday, January 28, 2009

So, I married an MMO addict...

"Blog with me.."
"What?"
"I said blog with me!"
"Uhhhhh.... in a minute..."

Effing Massive Multi-player Online role playing games...

Warhammer Online.
Seems to be the most recent trend in my husband's losing battle with MMO addiction. Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning is going to be the death of my marriage. If I have to hear one more thing about another "run" through Bilerot*or some massive "RvR" city siege or something gay like that, I may have to start bludgeoning my ears with number 2 pencils. Its like, God forbid I ask him to "AFK" for one second to take out the trash or deal with the screaming child in the next room... "I can't leave these guys, honey. If I leave right now they can't do anything.." Like I give a rat's ass.

You know, I am starting to believe that as long as he is playing this flavor of the week MMO, "Warhammer", he can go longer than me without sex. This, my friends, is a travesty.. Isn't it a known fact that women are the ones who decide the when and where of sexual exploits? Aren't we supposed to have that certain amount of "control" in the relationship?? Let me be the first to tell you, NOTHING short of a power outage will pull my man away from the keyboard when he is playing this game... Ridiculous. Ludacris. Outrageous.

I can look objectively at this dribble that my husband calls a pastime.. I shall prove it! I will look at both sides. The forums, the guild sites, and maybe even play a little (ewwwww).. I'll try it all. I'll try it and give an honest opinion, as the significant other of an addict, an MMO addict.

Alright, nerds...
Faces will be "pwned"

-LA



*Link used with hopeful permission from stuntystomper.blogspot.com





5 comments:

  1. Longer than a woman for sex. This cannot end well.

    Blogrolled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank god I'm single.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My stupid husband too! If only I'd known before marriage, three kids and a mortgage! We should form some sort of support group. Wait, then who would be left to care for the children?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I play Warhammer, but the game is not better than sex. I love me some luvins. If I'm offered the sex, I'll just tell the group the game CTD'd and blame it on Mythic's game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My boyfriend of three years is so obsessed he reads mini warhammer novels in bed at night, but I'm the one to blame for not wanting to have sex, this shit is ridiculous and should be reserved for little boys, not grown men.

    ReplyDelete